Behavioral health conditions
Autism spectrum disorders
Autism is a group of complex disorders of brain development. The disorders are associated with intellectual disabilities, difficulties in motor coordination, and attention and physical issues.
For medication information, use the Medication Guide.
- Does not respond to affection and touching
- Does not make eye contact
- Difficulty communicating
- Struggles to develop two-way social relationships with others
- Does not show a preference for parents over other adults
- Does not develop friendships with other children
- Has poor language skills
- Shows unusual, extreme responses to objects
- Continuous interest in moving objects
- Forms an unusual attachment to odd objects such as a paper or rubber band.
- Spins and repeats body movements