Behavioral health conditions
Autism spectrum disorders
Autism is a group of complex disorders of brain development. The disorders are associated with intellectual disabilities, difficulties in motor coordination, and attention and physical issues.
Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers, Revised (M-CHAT-R), ages 16-30 months, is a 20-question parent-informed screener for toddlers. The results indicate if a further evaluation for autism may be needed.
- Autism and Vaccines
- Unproven Treatments for Autism
- Caring for Adults With Autism
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Autism: Behavioral Training and Management
- Autism: Support and Training for the Family
- Nonverbal Learning Disorder
- Autism Now--Autism 101
- Autism Speaks resource library
Conduct your own keyword search in our Healthwise library for more resources to help your patients make better health decisions.
- Does not respond to affection and touching
- Does not make eye contact
- Difficulty communicating
- Struggles to develop two-way social relationships with others
- Does not show a preference for parents over other adults
- Does not develop friendships with other children
- Has poor language skills
- Shows unusual, extreme responses to objects
- Continuous interest in moving objects
- Forms an unusual attachment to odd objects such as a paper or rubber band.
- Spins and repeats body movements